A Bomb blast which took place on this Saturday took away at least 17 people and more than 30 were injured in Quetta which is the provincial capital of Balochistan, Pakistan.
Bombers targeted a truck of the Frontier Corps, a provincial auxiliary forces in Pakistan. Along with the officials, many civilians were also injured in the incident. According to The Inter-Services Public Relations (ISPR) during the bomb blast, attackers blasted a security vehicle which is on duty.
Mir Sarfaraz Bugti, the home minister of Balochistan said, “The bomb disposal squad has reached the spot and we will be able to confirm soon whether it was a suicide attack or a planted bomb,”.Bugti said around 30 injured people were moved to the local Civil Hospital and are being treated and also around ten members are facing serious fatalities. Bugti said, “So far I can confirm that 10 people have been killed and their bodies have been shifted to the mortuary of the hospital,” “It would be unfair to call the incident a security lapse”- He reacted. “The explosion was very powerful and loud. Its intensity was severe. Several cars and auto rickshaws have been burnt or damaged by the blast as they caught fire due to the intensity of the blast,” one of the officials said.
Pakistan Army chief General Qamar Javed Bajwa reacted , “As Pakistan’s Independence day is at hand it seems terrorists don’t want them to celebrate their independence at ease.”
National Assembly Speaker, Sardar Ayaz Sadiq, and Deputy Speaker Murtaza Javed Abbasi have expressed their great sorrows and condolences over the loss of precious lives.
Pakistan’s defense immediately gave a call on twitter inviting blood donors for the Quetta’s Bomb blast injuries.
#Blood Donations Required Right now at Hospitals for Blast victims. Spread the word. Come to Donate blood As soon As Possible At CMH Quetta
— Pakistan Defence CMD (@PakDefenceCMD) August 12, 2017
This was not the first time in Quetta. There has been many attacks took place at this provincial capital.
/ 1 month ago
Bharti Airtel in partnership with Celkon under ‘Mera Pehla 4G Smartphone’ launched a 4G Android smartphone...
/ 2 months ago
Vodafone and Micromax together introducing a 4G Smartphone for Rs 999. After releasing Jio...