The daughter of US president Donald Trump and his advisor Ivanka Trump has attended the Global Entrepreneurship Summit (GES) 2017 in Hyderabad. Ivanka Trump said the dreamers, innovators, entrepreneurs, and leaders are the greatest treasure of the Hyderabad. She said the Hyderabad is a “City of Pearls”. She said that India has a true friend in the White House as President Trump had said earlier this year.
Highlights: Words by Ivanka Trump
- Thank you for hosting The Global Entrepreneurship Summit here in Hyderabad.
- Hyderabad is quickly emerging as the innovation hub of India.
- Thank you, Prime Minister Modi, for joining us here today and for making India as a symbol of hope to the world.
- Prime Minister Modi, you have proven that transformational change is possible.
- The people of India inspires us all.
- The GES is the symbol of the strengthened friendship between our two peoples, and the growing economic and security partnership between our two nations.
- India has a true friend in the White House as President Trump had said earlier this year.
- Hyderabad is an ancient city brimming with transformative technology.
- CEOs like Microsoft’s Satya Nadella went to school right here in Hyderabad.
- T-hub’s brand new facility is set to open next year – and will become the largest incubator in Asia.
- Hyderabad is a “City of Pearls” and the dreamers, innovators, entrepreneurs, and leaders are the greatest treasure of the Hyderabad.
- I especially want to congratulate the women entrepreneurs here today and I am proud that for the first time ever, women make up the majority of the 1500 entrepreneurs selected to attend.
- Today, more than 11 million women in the United States own businesses.
- In developing countries, 70 percent of women-owned small and medium-sized businesses are denied access to capital.
- In some countries, women are not allowed to own property, travel freely, or work without the consent of their husbands.
- Women still face steep obstacles in starting, growing and establishing their businesses
- Our Administration is striving to promote greater opportunity for women around the world, both through our domestic reforms and our international initiatives.
- We are committed to supporting women, and men, who work, inside and outside of the home.
- I want to applaud Prime Minister Modi for his firm belief that “The progress of humanity is incomplete without the empowerment of women.”
- Dara from San Francisco spent over a decade working in underserved communities around the world. Through her innovative solutions, Dara is saving lives and bringing hope to thousands of communities.
- Rajlakshmi from Bengaluru, your courage and determination are truly remarkable.
- Also here today with us is Reyhan Camalova from Azerbaijan. Reyhan is 15 years old. Reyhan has a powerful motto – “Light up one house at a time.”
- These women represent the vision, ambition, and grit of every entrepreneur here today.
- Just think how much better our world will be if ALL OF US, men and WOMEN, are empowered to dream big, aim high, and work together towards a more just and prosperous future. This is the future we can and will build together.