India’s financial capital Mumbai is the 12th richest country in the world with a total wealth of USD 950 billion. As per the reports by New World Wealth Mumbai has been the 12th wealthiest city in the world. New World Wealth has released a list of 15 richest cities in the world.
As per the reports, Mumbai is followed by Toronto with a total wealth of $ 944 billion, Frankfurt (14th, $ 912 billion) and Paris (15th, $ 860 billion). In the list of 15 cities topped by New York, with a total wealth of $3 trillion. The list was made by calculating the private wealth of individuals living in each city includes their wealth, shares and assets.
New World Wealth did not consider governments in this figure. As per the reports, Mumbai is home to 28 billionaires, individuals with $1 billion or more in net assets. According to the reports by the New World Wealth Mumbai is also one of the fastest growing city in terms of wealth growth in the next 10 years.
According to the reports Mumbai is the economic hub of India. It is also home to Bombay Stock Exchange (BSE). Now it is a 12th richest city in the world. The city has major industries like include financial services, real estate and media.
List of 15 wealthiest cities:
- The first position is occupied by New York with a total wealth of $3 trillion.
- London stood at the second the position with a total wealth of $2.7 trillion.
- The third place held by Tokyo with a total wealth of $2.5 trillion.
- San Francisco stood at the fourth place with $2.3 trillion.
- Beijing ranked 5 with $2.2 trillion.
- The sixth place is occupied by Shanghai with a net wealth $2 trillion.
- Los Angeles stood at the seventh place with $1.4 trillion.
- Hong Kong ranked 8 with $1.3 trillion.
- Sydney stood 9th place with a net wealth $1 trillion.
- The tenth position is occupied by Singapore with $1 trillion.
- Chicago held the 11th place with $988 billion.
- The 12th position held by Mumbai with USD 950 billion.
- Toronto ranked 13 with $944 billion.
- Frankfurt held the 14th place with $912 billion.
- The 15th position occupied by Paris with $860 billion.