US President Donald Trump recognised Jerusalem as the capital of Israel on Wednesday (December 6). Donald Trump instructed the American foreign policy to move the United States Embassy from Tel Aviv to the fiercely contested Holy City.
Trump said this is the right time to recognise the Jerusalem as the capital of Israel. But Trump is getting the opposition from certain Arab countries regarding the capital of Israel.
President of the Middle East countries said the step taken by the Trump raises the curtain for the new conflict in the Middle East countries. Trump said Jerusalem is the main centre for three great religions (Muslims, Christians, Jews). Over the past seven decades people of Israel and Jews, Muslims, Christians have built a country where all these people can live together.
Trump said Americal still stood on its promise regarding the peace agreement between Israel and the Palestinians. French President Emmanuel Macron said the announcement which is made by the Trump is an “unfortunate decision.” Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu gave positive response towards the trump action and he said the announcement is a “historic landmark.”
Saudi Arabia also condemned the decision made by the Trump and said it is an “unjustified and irresponsible.”
The authorities of al-Aqsa mosque which is the third holiest place for the Islams said, they are expressing their protest against the Donald Trump’s decision to recognise the Jerusalem as the capital of Israel by switching off the lights of the mosque.
Population in Jerusalem:
Approximately 850,000 people live in Jerusalem. According to the Independent think tank, Jerusalem Institute among the 850,000, 37% are Arab and 61% are Jewish. 96% of the city’s Arab population is Muslim and the rest 4% is Christian. East Jerusalem occupied by a huge number of the Palestinian population. All the Jews, Muslims and Christians consider Jerusalem is the greatest holy place to visit.
/ 1 month ago
Bharti Airtel in partnership with Celkon under ‘Mera Pehla 4G Smartphone’ launched a 4G Android smartphone...
/ 2 months ago
Vodafone and Micromax together introducing a 4G Smartphone for Rs 999. After releasing Jio...